Pages

  • RSS

Saturday 17 November 2012

Batch 2

I made my second batch tonight, and I am very excited to see it unmolded.

First, my recipe:


 Almond Oil, sweet  68 g
 Coconut Oil, 76 deg 136 g
 Cocoa Butter  22g
 Castor Oil  45g
 Olive Oil pomace  181 g

Water 172g
Lye - NaOH  62 g

I split the soap batter in half at trace, and added Sugar Plum FO from Voyageur Soap & Candle Company to both halves, 1/4 tsp tumeric to one half, and 1/4 tsp paprika to the other for colour. I didn't notice any acceleration of trace, and it's a bit too early to tell if it will discolour.

I just did a simple layer, no swirl for me this time. Maybe next time I have two colours.



Looks like it is getting a nice gel on already. I am very excited to cut this one and see what the layers look like.

0 comments:

Post a Comment