Pages

  • RSS

Sunday 25 November 2012

Troubleshooting

So, I think I may have experienced accelerated trace tonight.

My recipe was

water 172g
NaOH 63 g

Olive oil pomace 182g
Coconut oil 72deg 136g
Palm oil 113g
Castor 23g

and I tossed in about 3/4 tablespoon of cranberry seeds as an exfoliant. Things were going very well until I added my FO, a scent called White Sage. I love the scent, but my soap went from a light to medium trace to almost like mashed potatoes. I blended a bit more to try and smooth it out, but am worried I will end up with separation and have to rebatch.

Here is what it looks like now

I will post more pics if  I get separation, or if I am able to cut and cure it as is. I am kinda relieved it happened,  I've been worrying about how to deal with things if they go wrong. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment