Pages

  • RSS

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Unmolding a Mystery

Ok, I was so excited for the unmolding of my first CP soap made on my own! I couldn't wait to come here and post about it.


Overall, I am pleased with the result. It looks very consistent for texture and colour throughout, and I believe I saw it go to full gel, although it's kind of hard to tell from the view you get from the top of a Pringles can.

Speaking of Pringles cans, they are not for me for use as a mold. The heat from the process caused the plastic lining of the can to bubble, and gave the outside of my soap an odd look.


I was a little worried about the appearance at first, but it passed the zap test, and the inside looks great, so I am pretty sure that is just from the lining bubbling out.


Now I just have to wait 4 to 6 weeks to try it. I was joking to my other half we would have to clear out the storage closet for me to store my supplies and dry my soaps. I was only half kidding.

0 comments:

Post a Comment