Pages

  • RSS

Monday 12 November 2012

Getting started

I have had a curiosity about making hand made soap for a long time. Every once in awhile, I would search the internet, look at some tutorials, get intimidated and then forget about it again.

The last time I got curious, I decided to search for classes in my city. Which is where I found Soap & More, a local supply store that offered all kinds of classes. I have a bit of an odd work schedule, so when I saw they had their soap basics workshop available on a night I had off, I decided it was fate and took the plunge.

I am so glad I did, I had a great time, learned a lot, and got over the feeling of intimidation. The staff are all amazing and helpful. If any of you are in the Calgary area, I really cannot say enough about how awesome this place is. They do sell through their web store as well, so even if you are not local, please o check them out.

This obviously triggered my desire to dive head first into this hobby. I have no plans to make soap for sale at this time. I am making for myself, and to maybe give as gifts. I have to admit though, I am not entirely opposed to the idea. I can see myself quickly amassing quantities of soap I could never use myself.

And so the adventure begins....

0 comments:

Post a Comment